Friday, June 14, 2013

"Any Two Can Be Twindollicious" by Natasha Danna now on sale at Amazon!



Here's a cute little kids book that Sara and Kyle recommend (well...mostly Sara. It's more of a girl's book).  It's called "Any Two Can Be Twindollicious" by Natasha Danna and it's currently on sale at Amazon for $2.99 (Kindle Edition) and $17.41 (hardcover).  Here is the description:

Violet and Kelly are a pair of spunky twins who love doing everything together!  They play games, dress alike, and share all of their secrets.  Then one day, Abigail shows up and makes the girls question their own individuality.

By helping others each in her own way, Violet and Kelly discover that who they truly are comes from inside.  As their mom says, "Twindollicious, precisely!"

I had a chance to actually read this book to Sara and Kyle and I wrote up a review for it on Amazon.  Here is the text of my review:

"I have two children, a 6 year old boy and an 8 year old girl.  Though definitely not twins, they still thoroughly enjoyed the story (my daughter a little more so.)  Even though this is a story about twins, the themes could easily apply to any two siblings (two boys, two girls, boy/girl) who are always being compared to each other.  The author of the story teaches some great lessons about individuality and "not judging a book by its cover."  I'd also like to single out the fantastic illustrations.  Very well done and professional.

Near the end of the story, when the twins work together to capture an overly-excited guinea pig, we finally learn their individual strengths.  This reminded me of my own kids.  My son is afraid of spiders, but my daughter isn't, and when my son recently saw a large spider in his bedroom, my daughter grabbed an empty spaghetti-sauce bottle to trap the spider, and then released it outside.  It's teamwork, and that's really what "Any Two Can Be Twindollicious" is all about."

Ok, I do have to admit that I was given a free copy of the book in exchange for my review, but the review is sincere.  It is a good book, and much better than most of the other children's books I've read lately on the Kindle.

You can buy the book now by clicking this link.


No comments: