Friday, February 8, 2013

My Latest Book, Now on Sale!


My second fiction book was just released today on Amazon.  It's another supernatural/horror/ghost thing called "Small Town Evil."  Unlike my last story, "Interstate 10", which my wife Christy called "like a table with three legs instead of four," she really liked this one.  She assures me that this story "has all four legs."  Okay...odd analogy, but I get it.

This story was based on a screenplay that I wrote back in 2003.  Unless your name happens to be Quentin Tarantino or George Lucas, screenplays just don't sell for the Amazon Kindle.  People don't want to read them.  So, rather than publish that screenplay as is, I decided to completely re-write it as a novella, taking out the parts I thought didn't work, and adding some new stuff.  It wasn't as easy as I thought it would be.  It's almost like taking something and translating it into another language.  In a screenplay, you can just write "they fight" and that's good enough.  In a book, you can't be that lazy.  You have to be a bit more descriptive.  However, since it was a screenplay, the story still remains somewhat dialogue-heavy, and that might turn off some of the gore hounds looking for a cheap thrill (it does have a little bit of gore, but not a lot.)

I like the cover for this one more than the last one.  Usually I just tell him one or two sentences about the story, and he comes up with the covers.  This time he really nailed it.  He captured the image of the girl I was looking for, and the car driving on the foggy road is straight from chapter 1 of the book, and this guy didn't even know that.

So, here it is, the latest book, Number 5 in my catalog.  You can buy it by clicking here.

No comments: